WCHC is one of the few critical access hospitals with dedicated clinical pharmacy services. WCHC's Pharmacy Doctors interact with the interdepartmental team daily to ensure the best quality service to our patients. Our clinical pharmacists:
- Review recent information from your outpatient pharmacy to ensure continuity of care while you are in the hospital.
- Review medication orders for interactions and other potential issues.
- Inform you about medication changes that occur during your hospital stay.
- Assist hospitalists and other providers with monitoring appropriate lab levels and physical findings specific to the medications you are taking.
- Assist with medication-related education and preparation for your discharge.
- Work with issues related to drug therapy
WCHC has a licensed hospital pharmacy staffed by Doctors of Pharmacy (PharmD) and Certified Pharmacy Technicians (CPhT). The hospital pharmacy provides medications as part of your hospital stay or outpatient visit. Our pharmacy staff:
- Prepares medications for use in all hospital departments and clinics.
- Compound sterile products in a certified Compounding Aseptic Isolator.
- Supplys medications to and review procedures for the Washington and Wellman Ambulance Services.
- Assists with implementing the medication components of policies and procedures to be in alignment with national care guidelines.
- Provides medication related education to WCHC physicians and providers.
- Precepts pharmacy students from area colleges of pharmacy.
Beans Pharmacy Partnership
WCHC purchased Beans Pharmacy
in 2015 to provide continuity of care between hospital or clinic visits and medications being provided for home use. Beans offers a variety of services ranging from counseling on new or changing medications, to working with physicians to optimize medications based on patient-specific factors.
The staff at Beans can work with patients to provide medication packaging options as well as medication synchronization services. Beans provides a variety of immunizations to the public, both with or without prescriptions, and free blood pressure screenings for any patient. Beans wants all patients to have access to medications, which is why delivery or mailing of most medications is FREE. During Medicare open enrollment periods, Beans can help educate customers on Medicare Part D options, so they can see what plans are available to cover their medications. All in all, Beans is devoted to helping patients get the most out of their medications and will work side-by-side with patients to do so.
The following Vaccines are available for walk-in basis at Beans Pharmacy:
WCHC Pharmacy Contact Information
Location: Hospital - Entrance #1
Monday-Friday 8:30 AM -5:30 PM, Saturday 9 AM - 2 PM
Beans Pharmacy Contact Information
Location: Beans Pharmacy
Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM, Saturday 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM