WCHC offers a full spectrum of cardiovascular services from prevention to diagnostic testing and treatment.
Prevention - Cardiac Risk Assessment
The WCHC Cardiology Clinic specializes in the early detection and treatment of cardiac problems focusing on the identification of risk factors. Using state-of-the-art technology, patients are provided with a comprehensive cardiovascular risk assessment and an individualized plan to improve heart health.
When red flags show up in a physical exam or the cardiac risk assessment, our Cardiology Clinic offers a wide range of diagnostic technology to best assess your situation.
- Electrocardiogram (EKG or ECG): measures the speed, rhythm and evenness of heartbeat
- Holter Monitor: measures and records heart activity continuously for 24-48 hours
- Echocardiogram: uses ultrasound (sound waves) to produce an image of your heart
- Chest X-ray: creates an image of your heart and chest area
- Exercise Stress Test: shows the heart's performance under exertion
- Stress Echo Test: combines exertion with ultrasound imaging to determine heart's performance
- Chemical Stress Test: combines the use of medication and imaging to evaluate heart function
Diagnosis & Treatment
The WCHC Cardiology Clinic diagnoses and treats a wide range of cardiovascular diseases including:
- Carotid Vascular Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Heart Arrhythmia
- Heart Failure/Cardiomyopathy
- Hyperlipidemia (cholesterol)
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Women's Heart Health
Cardiology Contact Information
Location: Cardiology Clinic
24 hours a day, 7 days a week