Phase I and II Cardiac Rehab is offered at WCHC
The Cardiac Rehabilitation department offers a multi-level individualized program designed to help cardiac patients reach their highest level of health. Our program follows the guidelines set forth by American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation and American College of Sports Medicine.Components of Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation include:
- Cardiovascular risk factor counseling
- Education and support to make healthy lifestyle changes
- Aid in the development of a safe and effective personalized exercise plan
- Provide appropriate supervision by a Registered Nurse
- Cardiac monitoring to detect change in clinical status
- Provide patient and spouse/partner/family education to optimize secondary prevention (e.g. risk factor modification) through lifestyle management and use of cardio-protective medication.
- Consultations offered: Dietary, Diabetes, Medication and Financial
Our Cardiac Rehabilitation team performs diagnostic testing ordered by WCHC physicians and cardiac specialists.
Chest Pain Center Accreditation
Washington County Hospital is an accredited chest pain center. The accreditation process developed by the Society of Chest Pain Centers evaluated chest pain centers nationwide to ensure they are providing the highest quality of care for patients experiencing chest pain. The Accreditation means the entire hospital is designated as a chest pain center.
Is Your Heart Healthy?
Are you at risk for heart disease? Heart disease is the leading case of death in the United States, but many deaths can be prevented with early detection and treatment. Take our Heart Test
to look at what risks you face, and what you can do to reduce controllable cardivascular risk factors. The Heart Test only takes a few minutes, but those few minutes could save your life!
Did you know heart attacks have beginnings? These "beginnings" occur in over 50% of patients. Most importantly, if recognized in time, these "beginnings" can be treated before the heart is damaged. Learn more about Early Heart Attack
statistics and symptoms.
Healthy Heart Information
If you wish to learn more about keeping your heart healthy, please visit any of the websites listed below!
Cardiology Contact Information
Location: Cardiology Clinic
24 hours a day, 7 days a week