Washington County Hospital and Clinics is Tobacco-free as of July 1, 2007
Washington County Hospital and Clinics (WCHC) has implemented a tobacco-free policy effective Sunday, July 1, 2007. This policy prohibits the use of all forms of tobacco including cigarettes, cigars, pipes, herbal tobacco products and chewing tobacco, on all Washington County Hospital and Clinic's property, both indoors and outdoors, including inside personally owned vehicles. The policy applies to everyone-employees, patients, physicians, students, visitors, volunteers, vendors, contracted personnel-whoever is on WCHC property for any reason.
Besides WCHC, other property covered by the policy includes:
- Women's Healthcare of Washington
- Surgical Healthcare of Washington
- University of Iowa Outreach Clinics
- Family Practice of Washington
- Washington County Hospital Medical Clinic
- All Specialty Clinic facilities
- All property between 3rd-6th Street and Polk-Tyler Street
Washington County Hospital and Clinics is committed to the promotion of quality healthcare that puts our patients first. With this commitment comes the responsibility of providing a safe and healthy environment as well as adhering to our Mission of being the central resource for improving health and wellness of all our communities.