For close to 100 years, Washington County Hospital and Clinics has been providing healthcare services to Washington County and surrounding community residents. Founded in 1912, the 25-bed Critical Access hospital and 43-bed nursing home provides inpatient, outpatient, long-term care and emergency services for the Washington County and surrounding areas.
The hospital was originally founded as Washington County Hospital, the first rural county public hospital in Iowa and perhaps the nation. The name change to Washington County Hospital and Clinics (WCHC) occured in November of 1998 in an effort to encompass more of what our hospital offers and after completing a major expansion project. In 2006 and 2007 the hospital was able to invest even more in the future of healthcare in Washington by constructing new hospital facilities. These state of the art facilities offer the latest in technological advancements in healthcare, while reflecting on comfort and a pleasing environment for patients and their families.
WCHC's entire healthcare team strives to meet the changing medical needs of the communities we serve. With today's shift to shorter hospital stays, WCHC provides an extensive outpatient surgery department, radiology and rehabilitation services. The McCreedy Home also extend the continuum of care available in our communities. WCHC continuously meets healthcare needs with compassionate treatment, state-of-the-art technology and a competent staff of professionals.